Tuesday, June 2, 2009

ROCKY MOUNTAIN HIGH!!!


Denver, CO- Good Morning from the lovely state of Colorado. I woke up from my travels from the postal service to bright, sunny skies. It is very pretty here in the state capitol, the city of Denver. They call this place the ‘Mile High City’ because the elevation is 5,280 feet above sea level.

I really like my new manager. His name is Tim, but people call him “Timmah”. He has pictures of drag racing cars on his walls and there is a very nice lake behind his apartment. There are even ducks and Canadian Geese who call Lambertson Lake their home. Timmah took me out there to feed the Mallard ducks today. They ate all the wheat bread but I think they prefer Wonder-Bread.

After we were done with the ducks, it was time to go to Tim’s work. He works at place called Buckley Air Force Base. There are big golf balls that stick up from the ground, and lots of F-16 fighter planes around here. I feel pretty safe here. While at work, I met Tim’s boss- a very nice lady named Kalyn Nelson. Ms. Nelson is a retired Chief Master Sergeant for the Colorado Air National Guard, who helps Tim make sure all the equipment and people who arrive or leave the base are safe, and arrive on time. He works for the Logistics Readiness Squadron for the 460th United Air Force Space Wing. I don’t know what that means, but it sounds pretty cool.

It looks like Tim has some work to do, so in the brief case I go. I will talk to you tomorrow from the airport.

Denver, Co to Las Vegas, NV- I was not here in Denver very long, as Tim along with his girlfriend, a pretty girl named Valerie, are going to take me to Las Vegas, Nevada today. We get to fly in a really cool airplane with an animal on the tail called Frontier Airlines. We are sitting in seats 7 A and 7 B. Valerie does not like to fly, so I am going to help keep her comfortable during the flight because I love going fast.

It looks like Valerie and Tim are going to take a nap on the plane, so I will write to you guys when we arrive in Las Vegas.

- Stanley Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment