Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Journey Begins!


Grand Rapids, MI- Howdy kids - Flat Stanley here. Things have been a bit confusing recently. It seemed only yesterday I was in Katie’s second grade class being drawn, colored and cut into the wonderful work of art by the students of Immaculate Heart of Mary School- that many people say I am. I don’t want to brag, but I think she did great.

The last time I saw her, Katie had put me into some type of space ship or transportation device. This white folded up piece of paper is known as an ’envelope’ and apparently is used to send other pieces of paper to people all across this planet. The good people at the United States Postal Service were prepared to take good care of me.

Once Katie sealed the ‘envelope’ it got really dark and between you and me- I was a little scared. I knew I was going to be sent from my home in Grand Rapids, Michigan, to the state of Colorado. I don’t know anything about this state. Maybe while I am traveling you can tell me something about the state of Colorado. I will talk to you soon. Wish me luck!

- Stanley Out!


Photo courtesy of John Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment